Position: DevOps Engineer
The DevOps Engineer position is responsible for ensuring product deployment pipelines, tools and metrics, and processes are built and maintained using best practices helping SEFI achieve operational excellence.
- Show up on time and ready to work
- Model team and organization core values.
- Develop a strong understanding of the purpose of our applications
- Learn and accept coaching and criticism as methods for improvement.
- Demonstrate aptitude for growth.
- Provide exceptional customer service with a strong sense of urgency.
- Communicate roadblocks to Manager
- Travel between Lombard, IL office and Richardson, TX office occasionally
- Build and maintain automated deployment pipelines.
- Create and maintain run books and other technical documentation necessary to achieve operational excellence.
- Plan and conduct software and platform upgrade activities in conjunction with Development, Data Services, and Operations.
- Plan and conduct disaster recovery testing events.
- Respond to system escalations/incidents and actively troubleshoot issues.
- Work with the Operations Team to:
- Ensure software and platforms are properly monitored for maximum reliability.
- Systems are highly scalable and resilient.
- Work with the Architecture team to plan resources for new applications or to scale existing applications.
- Provision testing environments for the QA Automation team.
Experience, Requirements, and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ Overall Software Development Experience
- 5+ years’ experience writing and maintaining utility scripts (BASH, Powershell, etc)
- 5+ years’ Cloud Services experience (AWS or Azure Certification highly desirable)
- 5+ years’ experience writing infrastructure as code using tools such as Cloudformation, ARM Templates, Terraform, etc
- 5+ years’ experience building Deployment Pipelines with tools such as Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy, AWS DevOps, etc
- 5+ years’ experience using Database migration tools such as DACPAC or Liquibase.
- 5+ years’ experience working with Docker
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English
Bonus Candidate Skills/Experience
- Cloud Services (AWS/Azure) experience
- Auto F&I Technology industry experience
Key Personal Traits & Success Characteristics
- Ability to effectively communicate priorities to teams across the organization
- Show desire and effort to train others and help them succeed
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, and willingness to do everything possible to help the team
- Ability to meet stated expectations on-time and with quality.
- Ability to handle escalations
- Possess strong time management skills and ability to prioritize issues
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of specific projects