Position: HR Assistant
The HR Assistant provides support for the VP of People to ensure that workplace needs are being met in the form of benefit administration as well as administrative and clerical duties.
- Support all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests
- Maintain digital, electronic records of employees
- Serve as point of contact with benefit vendors and administrators
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, reviewing and qualifying candidates submitted by recruiters, performing background checks and issuing employment job offers
- Oversee the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Process payroll as a backup
- Assist with new employee orientations and update records of new staff
- Assist with performance management procedures
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- Other duties as needed
- Consistent Dependability
- Approach every day with a teamwork mindset
- Model company core values
- Always attempt to do more than what is required and provide maximum effort
- Be willing to learn and to accept coaching and criticism as methods for improvement
- Occasional travel to other SEFI offices may occur
Experience, Requirements, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related work experience
- Effective HR administration and people management skills
- Exposure to payroll practices
- Understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to accurately follow instructions
Preferred but not required:
- Paycom HRIS/Payroll system
- Exposure to Labor Law and/or Employment Equity regulations
Key Personality Traits and Success Characteristics:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, flexibility, and willingness to do anything to help the team.
- Overall understanding of the retail automotive industry and how our applications are used.
- Ability to meet stated expectations on-time and with quality.
- Help motivate and grow the team through system and process training.
- Possess strong time management skills and ability to prioritize issues.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.